PART 1 - GENERAL
A Section includes:
1. Roof hatches installed on or in roofing system indicated on Drawings and specified herein. Includes related
2. Safety railing system.
B Related Sections:
1. Section 05500 - Metal Fabrications.
2. Section 07720 – Roof Accessories.
3. Section 07721 – Roof Hatch Railing System.
4. Section 07910 - Joint Sealants.
5. Section 09900 – Paints and Coatings.
6. Division 15 – Mechanical.
7. Division 16 – Electrical.
A Comply with Section    [_______].
B Shop Drawings: Indicate configuration and dimension of components, adjacent construction, required clearances and
1. Hatch Units: Show types, elevations, thickness of metals, and full size profiles.
2. Hardware: Show materials, finishes, locations of fasteners, types of fasteners, locations and types of operating
3. General: Show connections of units and hardware to other Work. Include schedules showing location of each
C Product Data: Manufacturer’s technical data for each type of hatch assembly, including setting drawings, templates,
1. Include complete schedule, types, locations, construction details, finishes, latching or locking provisions, and
D Manufacturer's Installation Instructions: Indicate installation requirements and rough-in dimensions.
E Quality Control Submittals:
1. Statement of qualifications.
F Contract Closeout Submittals: Comply with Section    .
1. Operating and maintenance manuals.
1.3 Quality Assurance
A Comply with Section   .
1. Manufacturer/Installer: Company specializing in manufacturing and installation of components specified in this
C Single Source Responsibility: Obtain roof hatch units and frames for entire Project from 1 source and 1 single
D Fire-Resistance Ratings: Where fire-resistance classification is indicated, provide fire rated units listed by
E Regulatory Requirements:
1. OSHA Compliance: Provide hatch safety railing system as required by OSHA Standard 1910.23 and 1910.27
1.4 Delivery, Storage, and Handling
A Comply with Section  [_______].
B Deliver materials to Project site ready use.
C Exercise proper care in handling of Work so as not to injure finished surfaces. Protect Work from damage after it is in
D Store materials under cover in a dry and clean location off the ground. Remove materials that are damaged or
A Provide manufacturer's written 5-year warranty per Section  [_______].
B Warrant materials and workmanship against defects after completion and final acceptance of Work.
1. Repair defects, or replace with new materials, faulty materials or workmanship developed during guarantee
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
2.2 Manufactured units
A Aluminum Roof Hatches:
1. Cover and liner: 11 gauge (0.090-inch) aluminum cover with 1 inch rigid fiberboard insulation and 18 gauge
2. Curb: 11 gauge (0.090-inch) aluminum curb with 1 inch rigid fiberboard insulation.
a. Concrete Installation: 11-gauge aluminum double wall curb (curb liner at exterior).
b. Sloped Roof: Configure curb to match roof pitch.
3. Hinges: [Zinc plated steel] [Optional Type 316 stainless steel] tamper-proof hinge contained within hatch
4. Latch: [Zinc plated steel] [Optional Type 316 stainless steel] slam latch with turn handle and
a. Mortise cylinder preparation to receive special mortise cylinder lock. Locks specified in Division 8
b. Heavy-duty detention deadbolt lock (high security applications) preparation. Locks specified in
5. Springs: Greased heavy-duty compression springs in telescoping tubes.
6. Hardware: [Zinc plated steel] [Optional Type 316 stainless steel] hold open arm(s) with rubber handle
7. Mounting Flanges:
a. Single Wall Curb: 3-1/2 inch.
b. Double Wall Curb: 2-1/2 inch.
8. Acceptable Product: Model B-RHA [Indicate size]
2.3 SAFETY RAILING SYSTEM
A Top rail, mid rail, and chain or swinging gate, with hatch curb acting as toe plate.
1. Test load: 200-pounds.
B Height: Minimum 42 inches above finished roof deck.
C Pipe: Galvanized, 1-1/4 inch ID, A53 Grade B seamed pipe or galvanized, 1-5/8 inch OD A500 seamed tube.
D Flat Bar: 2 inch by 3/8 inch thickness, A36 mild steel.
E Chain System: 3/16-inch proof coil ASTM specification, zinc plated with quick link on fixed end.
F Pipe Ends and Tops: Covered or plugged with weather and light resistant material.
G Bolts and Washers: 3/8 inch by 2-1/2 inch, grade Z, zinc plated.
H Sealant: Recommended by manufacturer.
I Finish: Factory-applied hot dipped galvanized.
J Acceptable Product: Hatch Safety Railing System, Model Number XXXX
A General: Comply with NAAMM's "Metal Finishes Manual for Architectural and Metal Products" for recommendations
B Finish designations prefixed by AA comply with system established by Aluminum Association for designating
C Aluminum: Mill finish.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
A Comply with Section  [_______].
B Verification of Conditions: Examine areas and conditions under which Work is to be performed and identify conditions
C Verify that deck, curbs, roof membrane, base flashing, and other items affecting Work of this Section are in place and
D Verify tolerances and correct improper conditions.
E Do not proceed until unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
A Install roof accessory items and components per manufacturer's instructions.
B Coordinate installation of components of this Section with installation of roof deck, roof structure, roofing membrane,
C Coordinate installation of sealant and roofing cement with Work of this Section to ensure water tightness.
D Coordinate installation of flashing flanges into reglets.
E Separate metal from incompatible metal or corrosive substrates, including wood, by coating concealed surfaces, at
F Flange Seals: Unless otherwise indicated, set flanges of accessory units in a thick bed of roofing cement to form a
A Adjust movable parts for smooth operation.
B Operational Units: Test-operate units with operable components. Clean and lubricate joints and hardware. Adjust for
A Clean exposed surfaces per manufacturer's written instructions. Touch up damaged metal coatings.
END OF SECTION
A-Mezz Industrial Structures, Inc.